Friday, July 3, 2015

The Monster That Challenged the World [Blu-ray] SALE

Title : The Monster That Challenged the World [Blu-ray]
Category: Movies
Brand: Kino Lorber
Item Page Download URL : Download Movie
Rating : 4.3
Buyer Review : 227

Description : This particular The Monster That Challenged the World [Blu-ray] does fantastic, simple to use and change. The cost of this is dramatically reduced as compered to other locations My partner and i investigates, and never considerably more than equivalent product

This specific subject provides surpass own prospect, this one has turned into a fantastic upgrade on myself personally, The idea came securely along with swiftly The Monster That Challenged the World [Blu-ray]


Instant Terror... Just Add Water! Creeping dread! Crawling terror! Oozing fear! The local beaches go from fun-filled swim-fest to horrifying slugfest when a horde of gargantuan vampire snails ooze their way into the water supply - and threaten to suck the life out of mankind! Packed with nerve jangling suspense and excitement, this slimy sci-fi thriller delivers superior monster action that'll pull the most hardened sci-fi cynic right out of his shell! Lieutenant John Twillinger (Tim Holt, The Magnificent Ambersons) thinks he's seen it all - until an earthquake under the Salton Sea unearths a horrifying nest of prehistoric killer crustaceans. Giant, terrifying and with a hunger for human flesh, the beasts begin feeding on the locals, unleashing a shocking reign of murderous mollusk mayhem. Can the lieutenant do anything to stop their spread? Or will the human race be forever left in the snails' slimy wake? Directed by cult-filmmaker and TV veteran, Arnold Laven (Sam Whiskey).
Special Features: Audio Commentary by Film Historian Tom Weaver | Original Theatrical Trailer


Review :
Great Sci-Fi 50s Double Feature
It's always a pleasure when the B-movies of our childhood are released onto DVD. We don't see these little gems anymore on television (even though we have over 100 channels), mainly, I think, because they are in black and white and this is a color TV world.

But these are the films we stayed up on countless Saturday nights to see and they remain with us psychotronic fans as a most pleasant memory. This MGM Midnite Movies entry is a perfect example, as we find that we enjoy these films all over again. Now, if we can only get the kids to sit still for black and white.

The first movie "The Monster That Challenged the World" (1957)is an intelligently thought out little picture. Mysterious disappearances are occurring in the Salton Sea. Tim Holt (Remember him from "treasure of the Sierra Madre"?) and scientist Hans Conreid (Uncle Tounoose from "Make Room for Daddy") investigate and discover that an earthquake has freed prehistoric mollusks. If not stopped, they will...
excellent 50s sci-fi, quite scary if clunky effects
These were two of the scariest films I saw as a kid, genuine late-night TV fun at sleepovers. I was totally engrossed in them, tho on re-viewing them I didn't quite feel the same as I did 40 years ago. While Monster is a pretty typcial, well, monster flick, it has lots of funny twists - mutunts (with radiation thorwn in), good heros, and a suspenseful plot. The one that really got me was IT, this mysterious alien that sneaks on a rocket. It duels with the crew, picking them off one by one: in many ways, it is almost the same film as Alien, but much scarier to me at the age I was if less slick. There are really wonderful films, with memories from my past. Thus, I wd recommend them for 50s nostalgia and xcellent on their own if you can get beyond the old-style effects.

IT! The Terror From Beyond Space
Edward Garea did an excellent review about this wonderful old film on April 4th, 2006. There is not much I can say, but I just want to share my thoughts. To start, this is a wonderful old black and white "B" horror film from the 1950's. I can not understand why we never see these old films on TV. I see many old black and white films on AMC and really enjoy them, but most I've never heard of. I recall when growing up, sitting up to the wee hours of the morning, waiting with anticipation, for these wonderful movies to come on. In our area, Double Chiller Theatre came on at 11:30 each Saturday night and I begged my mother to let me sit up and watch these movies. Two movies would be shown and I recall my favorites were, "House On Haunted Hill". "War of the Colassal Beast", "I Was A Teenage Werewolf", "The Werewolf" and "It,The Terror From Beyond Space". In my opinion, it is sad that the kids of today do not care for, or appreciate these wonderful old films. I only hope that more of the...

No comments:

Post a Comment